On Second Thought
Many times, when schools go through significant budget cuts, sex education is a program that get eliminated altogether. On Second Thought (O2T) is a sex education program designed to fill those gaps, so that young people can receive the knowledge they need to make educated choices regarding sex and general decision-making.
O2T works to develop healthy decision-making skills for adolescents ages 9-18. This sex education program is split into ten 45-minute modules where 10-15 students in each group will work with an educator/facilitator to explore topics together.
These topics include:
- Goals setting
- Teen pregnancy prevention and contraceptive methods
- Healthy/unhealthy relationships
- Relationships with drugs and alcohol
- Sexually transmitted diseases and HIV/AIDS
- O2T decision-making process